- By 2010 VoIP will account for $80 billion - or 40 percent - of the $200 billion US telecommunications business.
Source: The Yankee Group
- 1 million residential and small/home office subscribers in North America in 2004, a number expected to reach 17.4 million by 2008.
- North American voice over IP service revenue topped $1.3 billion in 2004, and is expected to soar 1,431% to $19.9 billion in 2009
- 20 percent of US businesses were using some form of VoIP be the end of 2004.
- For residential and business markets, 94% of respondents (service providers) offer hosted IP voice by 2005, up from 56% in 2004
- 1 million plus VoIP consumer subscribers in the US alone by year-end 2004, a figure expected to reach 3 million by the end of 2005 and rising to 6 - 7 million by the end of 2006.
- Worldwide Wi-Fi VoIP handset revenue totaled $45 million in 2004 and units totaled 113,000.
- The number of cable VoIP subscribers in North America jumped 900% between 2003 and 2004, from less than 50,000 to close to half a million, while cable broadband subscribers grew 26%, from 17.7 million to 22.4 million.
Try eFax FREE! Get your own local or toll-free fax number that lets you send and receive faxes by email, no matter where you are. Great companion to your VoIP service. Try it free for 30 days!