Friday, September 24, 2010

Why is my voice over IP phone service not clear?

Posted: September 24, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Tags: clear, Over, phone, Service, voice

I use Net Zero Voice and lately I have been getting complaints that my voice is not clear. What is the deal? Is it the service? The head set that I am using? Or? What is the cost to get a converter to use a regular phone? Will this help make it more clear?

Answer by Randy W
No it’s the internet connection that you have.
It may provide high speed, but it’s not a reliable and steady signal.
In order for VoIP to work well you need at least a 90Kbps upload rate. That a sustained rate, and at that rate you are still only getting a 80% signal quality.
To test this try making a call either really later at night like after midnight or before five am in the morning.
There are some thing that you can adjust to help but 9 time out of 10 is the connection.


View the original article here




No comments: